Hammonton, NJ – May 2016 Eileen Unger, President of Emergency Preparedness Partnerships (EPP), has been selected by SJ Magazine as one of six 2016 Women of Excellence award winners by receiving the 2016 Business Excellence Award. This honor was awarded to Eileen based on her track record of success in her field, and because she has consistently demonstrated excellence in innovation, decision-making competency, leadership and community service.
To determine the 2016 award winners, seven prestigious judges chose from hundreds of nominees across 6 award categories. All nominees were required to live or work in Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland, Atlantic, Ocean or Cape May County. The categories and 2016 award winners are:
- Lifetime Legacy – Riletta Cream, Retired Camden County Freeholder
- Woman to Watch (under age 30) – Kate Gibbs, Burlington County Freeholder Deputy Director
- Inspiration Award – Kasey Hall-Massa, Founder of Camp No Worries
- Leadership Award – Adrienne Kirby, President and CEO of Cooper University Health Care
- Game Changer Award – Kriste Lindenmeyer, Dean of Arts and Sciences at Rutgers-Camden
- Business Excellence Award – Eileen Unger, Founder and President of EPP
Winners were announced in the May issue of SJ Magazine (The Women’s Issue), and each will be profiled in the July issue (Best of SJ issue). Awardees will also be recognized and celebrated at an awards reception in June.
Why Eileen Received the 2016 Business Excellence Award
Eileen received this honor because she is a highly-accomplished leader who has been able to “break the glass ceiling” by creating a highly successful company in a non-traditional field for women entrepreneurs. After being laid off from her engineering position at a utility subsidiary 15 years ago, Eileen made a life-changing decision – she founded EPP, which today is a nationally-recognized company that has experienced tremendous growth despite operating in a male-dominated industry. Her leadership over the past 15 years has helped utilities all over the country better manage risk, decrease outage restoration times, improve regulatory compliance, enhance customer satisfaction, and enable more efficient use of utility resources.
Eileen has established herself as a highly-regarded expert and leader in the field of utility emergency preparedness. She serves as a spokesperson for emergency preparedness strategies within New Jersey’s disaster planning communities, and has received 7 Congressional, Legislative and Freeholder ceremonial resolutions or proclamations for her leadership and many contributions to her field. She also serves on two Boards of Directors – the Jersey Shore Partnership and Durand.
The 2016 Business Excellence award is just the latest in a long list of awards and honors Eileen has received since launching EPP. These include:
- 2016, Business Excellence Award, SJ Magazine
- 2014, Company of the Year, NAWBO South Jersey
- 2013, Inductee, International Women in Emergency Management and Homeland Security Hall of Fame
- 2007, 1 of 10 Outstanding Women in Business, South Jersey Magazine
- 2007 New Jersey’s Best 50 Women in Business, NJBIZ
- 2006, Trailblazer of the Year award, Wells Fargo and National Association of Women Business Owners
- 2006, Women of Distinction award, Philadelphia Business Journal
- 2006, Enterprising Women of the Year award finalist, Enterprising Women
- 2004, People to Watch honoree, SJ Magazine
- 2004, Woman of Influence award, NJBIZ Magazine
- 2004, Executive Director election, NJEPA
Simply put, Eileen is outstanding in her field, as evidenced by her many accomplishments and awards – her 2016 Business Excellence award is just the latest in a very long list of impressive accomplishments.